Last chance to enter National Recycling Awards 2016!
The UK’s biggest celebration of recycling and waste management excellence
Welcome to the National Recycling Awards 2016, which recognise and highlight the excellence and innovation present throughout the recycling and resource management sector today. These are the awards companies aspire to win, judged by their peers from across the industry.
The National Recycling Awards reward excellence across the industry and address recycling, reuse and waste reduction. To win, entrants must demonstrate effective strategy, tangible improvement, innovative and creative solutions, and a strong business case. It’s as much about the bottom line as the environment.
Final entry deadline: 11 February 2016
About the National Recycling Awards
Nearly 700 people gathered at the London Hilton on Park Lane in 2015 to celebrate the achievements of the best companies in the waste and resources sector.
WRAP chief executive Liz Goodwin, recently made an OBE, received the first-ever Editor’s Award, which has replaced the Lifetime Achievement Award from previous events. She tweeted: “Honoured to receive Editor’s Award @MRWmagazine @NRAwards @MRWEditor tonight – a privilege to lead @WRAP_UK. Great staff – a tribute to them.”
MRW editor Robin Latchem said “We were proud to highlight the excellent winners on the night who, together, show how innovative and forward-thinking our industry is. These examples of best practice are a beacon to those who are increasingly realising they have to be smarter in terms of recycling, waste reduction and resource efficiency. And it was clear everyone had a great time!”
2016 dates for your diaries:
- Final entry deadline:11 February 2016
- Finalist announced: 4 April 2016
- Winners announced on the Awards night: 30 June 2016
2016 Categories and Criteria
The National Recycling Awards categories have been selected to recognise all areas of resource management and key parts of the wider economy such as the retail, food, local government, healthcare, construction and service sectors. Entries will be judged against rigorous criteria outlined. All entries must be from companies based in the UK or Republic of Ireland and most also be for work that has taken place in the last 12 months (July 2015 - July 2016). Click here to view the full list of categories.
The awards are open to all involved in recycling and waste management, from local authorities, to waste producers, waste management companies, manufacturers and energy producers.
What make a winning entry? Download our top tips for entering
Why enter National Recycling Awards
- Winners and finalists receive exceptional exposure in MRW, the leading authority in the recycling and waste management industry, in both print and online.
- Not only will you recieve recognition on the night in front of an audience of more than 600 of your peers, we also announce the shortlist and winners to our audience of more than 160,000* so they know who’s top of their game in the recycling and waste management industry
- Being a finalist certifies excellence in your business and proves to clients, new and existing, that you are an industry leader
- The rigorous entry and judging process for the awards proves that you really are the best in your field
- Show your team that you value their work and their dedication to your business and boost their morale
- Get your brand in front of end users
Plus the entry process is free, simple and online
All submissions are made through our website. No printing or postage is necessary and you can log in and save your entry to come back to it at any time. Start your entry here today
Good luck with your entries!